Thursday, April 9, 2009

Welcome to Gaga's Blog site

Just a quick note, to let you all know that I will be keeping this site updated as to the progress on scanning Gaga's scrapbook and cartoons. At this time, the scrapbook and some copies of his diaries are at Hudson Microimaging, near Kingston NY. As I become more familiar with blogging, I will post links and images so that you can all follow along and let me know any information or interesting tidbits we can add to the project. We have a fund set up, called the AB Chapin Preservation Fund, with donations from the Bakers, Eldridges, Fishers, McDowells, John Phelps and Lin Sigler. The Grobs have also pledged to contrribute, and so I will keep you all up-to-date with any expenses or contributions to that. So far we have $600.00! The cost so far will be around $300. Hudson Microimaging has taken an interest in Gaga's handwriting, so they are doing some experiments with that and giving us some services for free. As soon as I hear from them, I will let you all know.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for putting this together. I'm going to try to upload one of the cartoons that I have already scanned. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete